Scaffolding accidents are serious. If you or your loved one were injured, consider your legal options. Our dedicated legal team is on your side. Give us a call today to speak with a skilled Prince George’s construction accident lawyer.
What are the common causes of scaffolding accidents?
The majority of scaffolding accidents are preventable, however, they still happen even more often than you may think. In reality, they are one of the most common kinds of construction accidents. If you were newly injured in a scaffolding accident, our firm can help you fight for the compensation you need to move forward. Scaffolding accidents can occur for several different reasons. Just some of the most common causes of scaffolding accidents that we see include the following:
- Unsafe scaffold design
- Negligent scaffold manufacturing
- Violations of OSHA guidelines
- Lack of overhead protection
- Malfunctioning brakes
- Defective pulleys
- Failing to properly secure scaffolds
- Defective fall safety systems
What are the different types of construction accidents?
Construction sites are usually jam-packed with workers, machinery, and various types of building materials, which, in combination, can, at times, lead to very serious injuries. Some of the most common causes and types of construction accidents that our firm sees include the following:
- Scaffold collapses
- Defective machinery
- Unsafe elevators
- No protection from falling debris
- Dangerous property conditions
- Ladder accidents
What injuries can be sustained in a construction accident?
As you can see, construction accidents usually produce some of the most gruesome injuries, and many times, these injuries allow the hurt party financial compensation in some form. Some of the most common injuries sustained in construction site accidents include the following:
- Reactions to chemicals
- Broken bones
- Brain damage and other head injuries
What steps should I take after a Prince George’s County construction accident?
If someone is injured on the job, it is important that they take numerous steps to document the accident and ensure their safety. After a construction accident, if you are able, you should do the following:
- Inform their employer and call 911. Emergency services will be dispatched to the scene.
- Ask anyone who saw the accident happen for their contact information.
- Take photos of the cause of the accident (unsafe property conditions, defective machinery, etc.)
- Get a copy of all medical documentation/bills concerning the injury.
- Hire the services of an experienced Prince George’s County personal injury lawyer.
Contact Our Firm
If you suffered an injury or loss because of another person’s negligence, contact McCarthy, Winkelman, Mester & Offutt, L.L.P. today.