Auto accidents occur every single day in Maryland, and in many cases, they don’t result in serious injury. That being said, at times, they can, and if you’ve been seriously injured in an auto accident due to no fault of your own, a Prince George’s County auto accident lawyer can help. Our legal team has decades of experience representing clients just like you, and we are ready to use that experience to assist you. Contact McCarthy, Winkelman & Mester, LLP today to learn more about auto accidents in Maryland and how we can help if you’ve been hurt in one.
Prince George’s County Auto Accident Lawyer | Serving Clients in MD, VA, & Washington D.C.
According to the Maryland Department of Transportation, the 5-year average for injuries caused by auto accidents between 2015-2019 is nearly 50,000 per year. Clearly, auto accident injuries are far from uncommon, however, if you’ve been injured in an auto accident due to no fault of your own, you most likely qualify for financial compensation. You shouldn’t have to pay for something that simply isn’t your fault, which is why you should strongly consider speaking with an experienced Prince George’s County personal injury lawyer as soon as you can.
Cases We Handle
McCarthy, Winkelman & Mester, LLP handles a wide array of auto accident claims. Some of the auto accidents our firm has handled in the past are as follows:
- Bus Accidents: Most people rely on buses and other forms of public transit to get them safely from place to place. Though buses typically travel at lower speeds, it does not mean that serious accidents can’t still occur. Unfortunately, oftentimes, when buses crash, multiple people are injured at once. If you have been wrongfully hurt in a bus accident, you can depend on us to fight for your right to compensation.
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are the most common type of auto accident, and thousands of them occur every single year in Maryland. Though most car accidents do not lead to very serious injuries, unfortunately, this isn’t true for all car accidents. Car accident claims are often complex, and insurance companies frequently make it difficult for those who’ve been injured to receive the compensation they deserve. Our firm is prepared to fight, tooth-and-nail, for the compensation you need.
- Drunk Driving Accidents: Drunk driving accidents that involve serious injuries are notoriously complex, as there is also a criminal element involved. This is why if you’ve been hurt by a drunk driver, you must hire a competent Prince George’s County auto accident lawyer who has significant experience handling drunk driving accident claims.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycles are fun, great on gas, and make for great weekend road trips, however, they are also, at times, unsafe. When a motorcyclist is struck by another vehicle, he or she often stands very little chance against the sheer size and weight of a car, truck, or otherwise.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When a pedestrian is struck by a motor vehicle, he or she will often require immediate medical attention and financial compensation to help cover the cost of his or her injuries. Our firm has fought on behalf of injured pedestrians for decades, and we are here to fight for you as well.
- Truck Accidents: Accidents involving commercial 18-wheelers frequently result in very serious injuries to all parties involved, especially those in smaller vehicles. Oftentimes, truck company ownership will hire aggressive legal representation to protect their company. This is why you must do the same.
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof
When someone is wrongfully hurt in an auto accident, it is paramount that they document all facts surrounding the incident so they can later satisfy the burden of proof in a personal injury claim. Simply put, this means that you will have to gather and present sufficient evidence to prove that you were injured as a direct result of another party’s negligence. Some of the most useful forms of evidence include pictures/videos of the accident, witness testimony, medical documentation, and a copy of the police report filed at the scene. If we can satisfy the burden of proof, you should recover the compensation you deserve and need to heal.
Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland is, in most cases, three years, giving anyone who was wrongfully injured three years from the date of their accident to sue. That being said, if you were injured on or by property owned by the government or a municipality, such as a public bus, you will have far less time to file a Notice of Claim. This is why it is always best to speak with an experienced Prince George’s County auto accident lawyer as soon as you can.
In Maryland, you can receive compensation for two types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages compensate you for financial losses you’ve sustained because of your accident, such as medical bills or lost wages. Non-economic damages compensate a person for non-monetary, yet very real damages, such as emotional trauma or pain and suffering.
Contact a Prince George’s County Auto Accident Lawyer
No one should have to suffer through a serious injury on their own, especially when the injury wasn’t even their fault. If you’ve been hurt, you can depend on the competent legal team right here at McCarthy, Winkelman & Mester, LLP to fight for your rightful compensation through every step of the legal process ahead. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with our firm.