Accidents can occur just about anywhere, and at any time, which is why if you’ve been hurt in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need to hire a knowledgeable Prince George’s County personal injury attorney who has significant experience representing clients who’ve been wrongfully injured in a wide array of scenarios. Contact McCarthy, Winkelman, Mester & Offutt, L.L.P. today to learn more about personal injury claims in Maryland and how our legal team can help you through every step of the legal process ahead.
Prince George’s County Personal Injury Attorney | Serving Clients in MD, VA, & Washington D.C.
After a serious injury, you may not know where to turn. You may even consider just paying the bill on your own and moving on with your life. Unfortunately, it’s not always that simple, or even possible, since medical care, lost wages, and other damages are extremely costly. We are on your side. We are here to fight for your rightful compensation.
Our Legal Services
For decades, the experienced legal team right here at McCarthy, Winkelman, Mester & Offutt, L.L.P. has effectively fought on behalf of clients who’ve been injured in a wide array of scenarios. We proudly handle injury claims involving the following:
- Auto Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Construction Accidents
- Defective Products
- Dog Bites
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Work Injuries
- Wrongful Death
What to do After an Accident
If you are injured in an accident, the first thing you should do is call 911 and seek immediate medical treatment. Your health is the most important thing. Once you call emergency services to the scene, you should do everything in your power to document the facts of the accident. This includes taking pictures/videos of the accident/the cause of the accident, asking any witnesses for their contact information, obtaining a copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident, and more.
Once you are treated and in stable condition at the hospital or a doctor’s office, you should ensure that you obtain a copy of all medical documentation and bills regarding your injury. Finally, you should speak with an experienced Prince George’s County personal injury attorney as soon as you can. Our legal team is here to assist you.
Recovering Compensation With The Help of a Prince George’s County Personal Injury Attorney
As long as you can satisfy the burden of proof, you should win your personal injury claim. Doing so will allow you to receive financial compensation to help you deal with any economic or non-economic damages you’ve sustained as a result of your accident. Economic damages deal with the cost of your injury, such as medical bills and lost wages from being unable to work, while non-economic damages deal with intangible, though still very real damages, such as emotional trauma, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims in Maryland
Every state has a statute of limitations in place concerning personal injury claims. In the state of Maryland, the statute of limitations is, typically, three years. This means that anyone looking to pursue an injury claim must do so within three years of the accident occurring. Waiting any longer than three years will most likely result in being permanently barred from suing. Our firm is prepared to begin the claims process as soon as possible.
Your Initial Consultation
Before we file your claim, you will first attend a free initial consultation with our firm. During your initial consultation, we will listen to your story, review any evidence pertaining to your accident, and determine whether we believe you have a viable personal injury claim. This is why, if possible, it is best you prepare certain documents and other information related to your accident and injuries. If you can, please try and bring the following to your initial consultation:
- Pictures or videos of the accident or the cause of the accident. For example, if you were injured in a slip and fall accident, bring in pictures of the unsafe condition that caused you to slip and fall.
- Contact information of anyone who saw your accident as it happened. This can include their email, phone number, email address, or any other way by which they may be contacted. We can get in touch with witnesses so they can corroborate your personal injury claim.
- Any correspondence you may have had with the other party or their insurance company. This can include emails, text messages, phone calls, or any other form of evidence that details the extent of your communication with relevant parties.
- Your auto insurance card (if injured in an auto accident) and your health insurance card.
- A copy of the police report that was filed at the scene of the accident. These reports often detail the facts of the accident and can provide valuable insight as to how the accident occurred.
- A copy of all medical documentation/bills associated with your injury. This can help illustrate the origin and extent of your injuries, as well as the cost of treating them.
- Any other documentation/evidence that you may have concerning your accident or injuries.
Contact a Prince George’s County Personal Injury Attorney
We understand how overwhelming a serious injury can be for an individual and his or her family. This is why are dedicated to righting the wrongs of others and helping our clients receive the financial compensation they deserve and need to move on with their lives. Our legal team proudly serves clients in Prince George’s County and throughout Maryland, including Washington D.C., Lanham, College Park, Bowie, Hyattsville, New Carrollton, Landover, Beltsville, Adelphi, and Laurel. Contact McCarthy, Winkelman, Mester & Offutt, L.L.P. today to schedule your free initial consultation with our competent legal team.