Parking lot accidents can result in long-term physical, emotional, and financial burdens. If you were hurt in one as a result of a property owner’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Contact our firm today to speak with an experienced Prince George’s County slip and fall lawyer. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring you receive the compensation you need to heal.
How do parking lot accidents occur in Maryland?
There are a number of different ways that parking lot accidents occur in Maryland. However, most of them are a result of a property owner’s negligence. Just like all other property owners, parking lot owners have a duty to ensure that their property is safe for all patrons and passersby. Some of the most common causes of parking lot accidents include the following:
- Potholes, cracked or uneven pavement
- Poor lighting
- Snow, ice, or standing water left unattended
- Inadequate security
- Loose or dangerous debris
- Hazardous material
If you were hurt as a result of any of the above hazardous conditions, you may be qualified to receive financial compensation. Contact out our firm today to discuss the details of your case and your options.
What steps should I take after my parking lot accident?
If you would like to pursue legal action after your parking lot accident, it is essential that you obtain as much evidence as possible to increase the chances of recovering financial damages. in a premises liability claim, the injured party has the burden of proof. That is why you should be sure to take the following steps immediately after your accident if you are able:
- Call 911 – The police will file a report and dispatch an ambulance to the scene of the accident.
- Take plenty of photos and videos of the dangerous condition that caused the accident.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses to the accident. Witness testimony can be a useful tool in personal injury claims.
- Seek medical attention to make sure that your injuries are treated promptly. Ask your doctor to provide you with medical documentation summarizing the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Reach out to our firm to retain the services of a skilled Maryland personal injury lawyer to help increase the chances of being awarded compensation for your burdens.
Contact Our Firm
At McCarthy, Winkelman, Mester & Offutt, L.L.P., our legal team has a strong focus on litigation that seeks just and fair compensation for victims of another party’s negligence. If you need a Prince George’s County personal injury lawyer that handles cases in Maryland, Washington D.C. or Virginia, our firm has the resources and knowledge needed to take a case as far as necessary, including to the U.S. Supreme Court. If you suffered an injury or loss because of another person’s negligence, contact us today.