If you were hurt on another’s property as a result of the property owner’s negligence, you may have a viable premises liability claim. Do not wait to reach out to our firm today to speak with a skilled Prince George’s County slip and fall lawyer today. Our legal team is committed to ensuring you receive the compensation you need to heal.
How does Maryland define a premises liability claim?
In Maryland, property owners are responsible if someone is injured as a result of their failure to maintain their property for the safety of those who enter it. Some of the most standard accidents that can occur because of this include the following:
- Inadequate maintenance
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dangerous conditions
- Poor weather conditions
- Inadequate lighting
- Defective security
What steps should I take if I was injured on another’s property?
If you were hurt as a result of another party’s negligence, you may be eligible to receive compensation. There are several different factors that play into a successful premises liability claim, which is why you should be sure to take the following steps after your accident:
- Call 911 – The police will file a police report and dispatch an ambulance.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including the dangerous conditions and the injuries you sustained as a result.
- Gather contact information including names, cell phone numbers, and emails from any witnesses of the accident. They may be able to verify your claim later on.
- Seek medical attention to confirm that your injuries are properly treated.
- Ask your doctor for medical documentation, including the origin of your injuries and the severity of them.
- Retain the services of an experienced Maryland personal injury attorney that can help you obtain further evidence, including security camera footage, to support your legal claim.
Can I recover damages?
You may be qualified for financial compensation if you were hurt and can prove that your injuries are a direct result of the property owner’s negligence and failure to maintain safe property for those who enter it. It is critical to realize that there are several different types of compensation you can obtain in Maryland. Some include the following:
- Lost wages
- Lost future wages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
To learn more, reach out to our skilled Maryland personal injury attorneys. Our legal team is on your side.
Contact Our Firm
At McCarthy, Winkelman, Mester & Offutt, L.L.P., our legal team has a strong focus on litigation that seeks just and fair compensation for victims of another party’s negligence. If you need a Prince George’s County personal injury lawyer that handles cases in Maryland, Washington D.C., or Virginia, our firm has the resources and knowledge needed to take a case as far as necessary, including to the U.S. Supreme Court. If you suffered an injury or loss because of another person’s negligence, contact us today.