To learn more about department store accidents in Maryland and your legal options if you were hurt in one, reach out to our dedicated Prince George’s County slip and fall lawyer today. Our legal team is on your side.
What are the common causes of department store accidents in Maryland?
There are several different ways that department store accidents can occur in Maryland. But, keep in mind that the majority of these accidents are a result of a store employee and/or management negligence. Some of the most common examples of negligence that can result in a department store injury that our firm has seen include the following:
- Inadequately lit parking lots
- Falling merchandise from shelves
- Liquids on bathroom floors
- Spills left uncleaned
- Poorly placed floor mats
- Defective escalators, elevators, or other equipment used in the store
- Lack of security
If you have further questions or concerns about department store accidents in Maryland, do not wait to reach out to our dedicated personal injury attorneys today.
What steps should I take after a department store accident?
It is important to recognize that store owners and employees are responsible for making sure that their properties are made safe to prevent customer injuries. This can be accomplished by conducting regular inspections of the property to ensure that there are no dangerous conditions present. If these routine checks are not made, and an injury happens as a result, the store owner and employees may be held responsible for negligence. If you are in this situation, be sure to take the following measures:
- Call 911. The police can dispatch an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, take witness statements, and more.
- Take photos and videos at the scene of the accident.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses. In some cases, witness testimony can be crucial to a premises liability claim.
- Seek medical attention instantly after your accident occurs. This will ensure that your injuries are adequately treated while also supplying you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Medical documents can play an extremely significant role in a personal injury case.
- Retain the services of an experienced Prince George’s County personal injury attorney to help you gather more evidence, including police reports and security camera footage.
If you have questions or concerns about a department store injury, our legal team is on your side. Give us a call today.
Contact Our Firm
At McCarthy, Winkelman, Mester & Offutt, L.L.P., our legal team has a strong focus on litigation that seeks just and fair compensation for victims of another party’s negligence. If you need a Prince George’s County personal injury lawyer that handles cases in Maryland, Washington D.C., or Virginia, our firm has the resources and knowledge needed to take a case as far as necessary, including to the U.S. Supreme Court. If you suffered an injury or loss because of another person’s negligence, contact us today.