Stephen Offutt has been one of the nation’s preeminent birth injury attorneys for over a decade. Mr. Offutt holds record birth injury verdicts in two different states (Minnesota $15,500,000.00 and Tennessee $33,400,000.00) and has obtained dozens of multimillion-dollar settlements in a dozen different states (MD, MN, TN, WS, WV, PA, NC, SC, IA, IL, OK, AL, VA, TX, MS, MI) across the country. He was once a defense attorney (with a 95% Jury Trial success record) and therefore knows how the defense operates. He brings over 30 years of trial experience to each case he handles and will fight to see that your family gets the justice they deserve.
In 2014, Mr. Offutt was named as one of the 100 Best Trial Lawyers in the country by the National Trial Lawyers Association. This particular recognition came following a 2013 verdict that he obtained on behalf of a little boy needlessly injured named “Jordan”. The jury in that case awarded Jordan thirty-three million four hundred thousand dollars ($33,400,000.00).
Overview of Success Since 2004:
- Two verdicts in two different states that were the largest verdicts recorded in that state’s history.
- Over 400 million dollars in settlements & verdicts by Mr. Offutt. Combined with Mr. Offutt’s partners (former and current) the law firms he has been associated with have over a billion dollars in settlements or verdicts.
- Over 50 cases with a resolution over a million dollars.
- Over a dozen states where a multimillion-dollar result was achieved.
Please Visit: www.offuttlaw.net for more details of Mr. Offutt’s accomplishments.
Licensed to practice
- Maryland: State and Federal courts
- District of Columbia
- Minnesota: State and Federal Courts
- Supreme Court of the United States
Special Permission to Practice
Due to Mr. Offutt’s success and abilities, he has been asked by attorneys and clients around the country to represent them. However, if he is not licensed in a particular state then a motion is filed asking the court to approve his representation of that individual in their state or federal court. Mr. Offutt has never been denied approval.
Mr. Offutt has been granted special permission to practice in the following state courts:
- West Virginia
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- DeMatha Catholic High School
- University of Maryland undergraduate. BA degree in Law Enforcement and Psychology
- University of Baltimore Law School, 1988 Juris Doctorate
Bar Admissions and Organizations
- American Association of Justice (AAJ)
- Maryland Association for Justice (MAJ)
- Public Justice
- American Bar Association
- Birth Trauma Litigation Group, (BTLG)
- Maryland Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association