To learn more about car accidents and your legal options if you have been hurt in one, reach out to our firm today to speak with an experienced and dedicated Prince George’s County auto accident lawyer. Our legal team is committed to ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve.
What are the common causes of car accidents?
There are a number of different causes of car accidents. In some cases, these accidents are a result of inclement weather conditions, poor road conditions, or even negligent signage/broken traffic lights. However, it is important to note that the most common cause of car accidents is driver negligence. The most typical kinds of driver negligence include the following:
- Driving while drowsy or fatigued
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Texting while driving, or driving while distracted
- Ignoring traffic lights or signs
- Failing to safely merge or change lanes
In many cases, car accidents happen as a result of rear-end crashes, where one motorist crashes into the back of another motorist, usually because they were tailing too closely, driving while distracted, or speeding. Because of this, these accidents, among the many others we see, including T-bone and head-on crashes, can all lead to very serious injuries, and if you were hurt in any sort of car accident due to another’s negligence, it is likely that you will be entitled to receive compensation for your burdens.
What steps should I take after my car accident?
If you would like to pursue legal action after a car accident, it is critical that you obtain as much evidence as possible to bolster your claim You can do this by taking the following steps:
- Call 911. The police will dispatch an ambulance, file a police report, and more.
- Ask the other motorist for his or her insurance information.
- Obtain contact information from anyone who witnessed your accident occurring. It is best to get his or her name, phone number, and email address.
- Take plenty of photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including any property damage and your injuries.
- Seek medical attention and ask your doctor for documentation pointing to the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Obtain the services of an experienced Prince George’s County auto accident lawyer.
Contact Our Firm
At McCarthy, Winkelman, Mester & Offutt, L.L.P., our legal team has a strong focus on litigation that seeks just and fair compensation for victims of another party’s negligence. If you need a Prince George’s County personal injury lawyer that handles cases in Maryland, Washington D.C. or Virginia, our firm has the resources and knowledge needed to take a case as far as necessary, including to the U.S. Supreme Court. If you suffered an injury or loss because of another person’s negligence, contact us today.