If you were injured in a car accident in Maryland, you will need to retain the services of an experienced Prince George’s County car accident lawyer today. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring you obtain the compensation you need to heal.
How does a car accident happen?
There are a number of things that can cause a car accident, like inclement weather conditions, poor road conditions, or even negligent signage/broken traffic lights. However, keep in mind that the majority of these accidents can be traced back to driver negligence. If you were injured in a car accident because of driver negligence, you may have a viable personal injury claim. Some of the more common instances of driver negligence that our firm has seen include:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Texting while driving, or otherwise driving while distracted
- Driving while drowsy or fatigued
- Ignoring traffic lights or signs
- Failing to safely merge or change lanes
In many instances, car accidents can occur in the form of rear-end crashes, where one motorist crashes into the back of another motorist, typically because they were tailing too closely, driving while distracted, or speeding. With that in mind, these accidents, including T-bone and head-on crashes, can all cause very serious injuries, and if you were hurt in any sort of car accident due to another’s negligence, there is a very high chance that you are qualified to receive financial compensation.
What should I do after a car accident injury?
In the event that an individual is hurt in a car accident, they should first call the police to the scene, as they will send emergency services who can treat their injuries promptly. However, while awaiting their arrival, the injured party should attempt to document the accident as best they can. After an accident, you should try to do the following:
- Call 911. The police will be able to file a police report and dispatch an ambulance.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident, including any property damage and your injuries.
- Ask your doctor for a copy of all relevant medical documentation.
- Retain the services of a skilled Prince George’s County auto accident lawyer.
Contact Our Firm
At McCarthy, Winkelman, Mester & Offutt, L.L.P., our legal team has a strong focus on litigation that seeks just and fair compensation for victims of another party’s negligence. If you need a Prince George’s County personal injury lawyer that handles cases in Maryland, Washington D.C., or Virginia, our firm has the resources and knowledge needed to take a case as far as necessary, including to the U.S. Supreme Court. If you suffered an injury or loss because of another person’s negligence, contact us today.